Important Update on the
2021 Lutheran Summer Gathering at Silver Bay
Dear Lutheran Summer Gathering,
We pray you are all healthy and well and had a blessed Easter Season!
As our last correspondence highlighted, Silver Bay continues to be subject to the State imposed restrictions on the size of groups allowed to be on campus. They are also following all the CDC Covid related guidelines. Therefore, no formal organized groups larger than 100 people can attend Silver Bay. Unfortunately, this means that there will be no formal Lutheran Summer Gathering again this year. However, your planning committee has coordinated extensively with Silver Bay and we are excited to let you know that there is an opportunity for many of us to be together on the shores of the bay.
The details are as follows:
· While we will not be an organized/formal group, you can enjoy Silver Bay and see each other during the week of July 17-23.
· Silver Bay has agreed to offer the discounted rates that would have been available had we been able to formally gather. Mouse Hoffman has provided Silver Bay with a list of the names of those who preregistered so that you are able to get the discounted rate.
· Silver Bay will take your reservations between now and the 25th of April. YOU MUST CALL THEM to reserve a room and to let them know if you have a preference on its location.
· The LSG Chaplain, Arden Strasser will conduct Sunday Service in the Auditorium and chapel service throughout the week.
· We cannot hold formal LSG events during the week, but Silver Bay will have daily courses, events, children’s camp, etc., that we can all participate in.
· We can all see each other at the beach, meals, the store, on sailboats, archery, etc.!!
· Simply put, we can all experience each other and Silver Bay with Lutheran services for the week!
Here are key action items you will need to take:
· Please call Silver Bay at (518) 543-8833. on or before close of business on April 25th to reserve a room and provide your deposit.
· All questions about reservations, cancellations, etc should be directed to Silver Bay.
While 2021 will not be the same LSG event as it has been in the past, we felt this modified version was our best option to be together at beautiful Silver Bay!! We will love seeing you and your families once gain rocking in the fresh air on the porch and taking in the glorious view over the lake God has created!
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the Bay in July!!
Chad Volkert, on behalf of the The LSG Planning Committee